The success of an organization is reflected both, by the quality of individual performances and the willingness and ability to react to changes and requirements of customers and partners quickly and in the appropriate manner. Therefor an effective quality management system is indispensable.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Photonic Microsystems IPMS is certified according to the international quality management standard DIN EN ISO 9001 since November 1995. Thus, the Institute proves its expertise and performance capabilities nationally and internationally. Since November 2014, the certified quality management system also includes the "Center of Nanoelectronic Technologies" of the IPMS and, since November 2019, the "Integrated Silicon Systems" department in Cottbus.
Working with a certified quality management system provides particular advantages for the sustainable quality assurance of our services, in the constant work on increasing the satisfaction of our customers and partners, in continuous improvements and saving of resources, for reducing risks, for avoiding failures as well as for a higher product and process reliability, in improved economic efficiency by optimized products and processes, in the opportunity to fulfil specific customer requirements, higher reputation as well as competitive advantages.
The high standard of the quality management system of the Fraunhofer IPMS is reflected by the good certification outcomes by the DEKRA Certification LLC as well as by high satisfaction and confidence of our long-time customers.
IPMS Quality Commitment Policy#
The satisfaction of our customers is our top priority. At the same time, we further strive to protect the interests of our internal and external partners. Directors and executive management at our institute lead by example. All organizational units as well as employees are involved in and responsible for providing excellent research and development, high quality products and effective services. Our success stems from our qualified and motivated staff.
In line with our values, we aim to:
- Ensure that our QM system serves to benefit our institute at all times and complies with the DIN EN ISO 9001 standard.
- Fully understand customer and partner expectations and needs to align our actions accordingly.
- Provide optimal advice in the selection and application of our services in both research and development as well as pilot production.
- Create aded value for our customers and partners by serving exact, individual needs.
- Be a reliable and trustworthy partner to our customers and suppliers.
- Meet stipulated deadlines and adhere to ordered services.
- Lead our field in innovation and quality.
- Implement our QM system to consistently improve our processes and achieve our goals while maintaining and increasing employee satisfaction.
- Make sure our quality commitment policy is known and understood throughout our institute.
- Use the Balanced Scorecard and other dependable means to regularly measure and evaluate the implementation and success of our quality commitment policy.