Fraunhofer IPMS develops for its customers products and technologies in the realm of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), and micro-opto-electro-mechanical systems (MOEMS). Our capabilities span the entire development arc for MEMS and MOEMS products and technologies. Upon request, we can either undertake in-house pilot and low-volume fabrication, or support technology transfer to a facility of the client's choice. In these endeavors, we use our existing technological capabilities for bulk MEMS, surface MEMS, and the monolithic integration of CMOS and MEMS/MOEMS. Our work is performed in a state-of-the-art MEMS clean room, capable of handling 150 mm wafers.
- Extensive technological expertise in the fields of surface and bulk micromachining and micromechanics
- One-stop shop for individual requirements along the entire value chain
- Low investment costs, particularly for start-ups, small and medium enterprises, and fabless companies in niche markets
- Pilot fabrication in a high-tech clean room environment meeting stringent, state-of-the-art industrial standards
- Close supervision of all manufacturing processes by exceptionally experienced engineers