Li-Fi HotSpot Use Cases
Fraunhofer IPMS develops solutions for optical data communication to network telephones.
IP phones, telephones working over internet protocol, have almost completely replaced analog and ISDN devices. These devices are usually connected through CAT5 cables to a router or switch to data network and often receive operating power via Ethernet (Power over Ethernet). However, in some areas it is not possible to use cables or radio-based wireless technologies. Therefore, optical data links can replace cables and other data links. Using Li-Fi as an optical data transmission technology interference-free and secure data links can be established.
Li-Fi development services:
- Technology consulting
- Feasibility studies and proof of concepts
- Concept design
- Module and system development
- Optics and transceiver development
Characterization & Test
- Prototype and demonstrator construction
- Characterization and test
- Pilot & small scale production
- Technology transfer