Fraunhofer IPMS participates in the high-performance center “Functional Integration for Micro-/ Nanoelectronics”. Together with multiple other Saxon Fraunhofer institutes, Dresden University of Technology, Chemnitz University of Technology and the University of Applied Sciences Dresden, Fraunhofer IPMS is working on developing application-oriented products based on the results of basic research to strengthen the economy. The whole project is coordinated by the Fraunhofer IPMS.
The competencies of Fraunhofer IPMS are employed first and foremost in regard to the topics:
- piezoelectric materials
- nanostructured optical coatings
- black layer absorbers / emitters and
- Lithium-based 3D thin-film batteries with solid electrolytes.
On the basis of roadmaps we jointly identify possible opportunities for cooperation in talks with industrial customers. If the need arises, the center of excellence’s topics can be extended accordingly.
Goals of the High-Performance Center
Dresden is the most important research, development and production center for micro- and nanoelectronics at both national and European level. The high-performance center “Functional Integration for Micro-/ Nanoelectronics” is implemented to achieve the following goals:
- The sustainable development of the site and securing the survival of the microelectronics industry in Saxony.
- The long-term establishment of a continuous research and value chain in the field of micro-/ nanoelectronics.
- The establishment of a flexible More-than-Moore technology and development platform that is aligned with the industry’s needs.
- Research and development activities in the fields of:
- System design
- Innovative materials, components & manufacturing technologies
- Heterogeneous system integration
- Reliability evaluation